Monday, January 28, 2008

My Beloved Prophet


As I'm sure we all know by now, President Gordon B. Hinckley died last night at about 7:00. While my heart is broken at the thought that he is no longer with us to guide and teach, my heart is also full of joy and happiness for him. I am so grateful that he has finally been able to be reunited with the love of his life, his eternal companion and that he can be with our Savior and enter into His rest.

The Prophet President Hinckley has always been one of the anchors of my testimony. I was blessed to be in his presence quite a few times. Being in the same room with a prophet of God and hearing and reading his words have done more to build my testimony of Chirst than any other one thing in my life. I love and miss him very much.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Hi Mikel, I talked to your Dad today and he told me about your Blog so I linked yours with ours. I agree totally with your comments on President Hinckley. He will be sorely missed. I can imagine the reunion he is having with his dear wife and the Savior. So happy about your new little Lilli on the way!!