Saturday, September 15, 2007

My first trip back to Utah

So Dave and I got to go home to Utah last weekend. I have to admit it was WAY harder than I thought it would be. I wasn't so sure I'd be able to leave!

It was kind of a crazy busy weekend. Our initial reason for heading to Utah was Jody's wedding on Saturday. But then we found out that another friend (Casey) was having a reception the same day. We weren't able to make it to Casey's reception...Jody's festivities took most of the day.

On the previous Wednesday my Grandma Stout passed away, somewhat unexpectedly. Her funeral was the following Monday so I was fortunate enough to already be in Utah. As hard and emotional as the passing of loved ones always is, I am greatful for the peace and perspective the gospel brings. There is nothing more comforting than knowing that she is with loved ones and that we'll get to be with her again.

There's nothing like attending weddings and funerals in the same weekend that gets you thinking about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!

No comments: