Sunday, February 4, 2007

O-k-l-a-h-o-m-a!!

As Dave can attest to, there is little that gets me as excited as the show Oklahoma. It harkens me back to my days as a little girl at my grandparents' house. I used to watch the movie over and over and over again; I just couldn't get enough! I learned every word and every song. Oh how I wanted to be beautiful Laurey and be in love with charming Curley! When I wasn't watching the movie I was pretending I was Laurey 'borrowing' my grandma's perfume bottles to use as special smelling salts from Persia!

Last night Dave and I had the greatest pleasure of seeing BYU's production of the musical Oklahoma. I was bursting with excitement for days ahead of time. The female lead (Laurey) was a girl from our ward, one of those completely beautiful talented girls that just couldn't get more perfect! Her husband was also in the show as one of the back up dancers. It was a blast watching them, not to mention watching her kiss another man while her husband sat 5 feet away! It was everything I could do to keep myself from singing along throughout the whole show to such delightful songs as "Oh what a beautiful morning", "I'm just a girl who cain't say no" and "People will say we're in love."

But the best part was seeing Dave, who had previously been less than excited, crack a smile or tap a foot!

No comments: